1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Mail Based on Cell Value

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by npalmer610, Jan 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. npalmer610

npalmer610 Thread Starter

Hello everyone.

I am trying to tweak a macro that was posted on this forum some time back, but I'm a bit of a N00B. The macro is from this thread that is now locked: https://forums.techguy.org/threads/...ue-date-reminder-based-on-excel-file.1129238/. What I am looking to do is generate two different emails whenever the value of a cell changes. All the data that needs to be part of the email is included in various cells. I've included sample data. If possible, could you provide code for generating the email and another for sending the email without opening Outlook (i.e., as soon as the value changes)? I've included sample data for your consideration. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

When Cell Value = In Progress
    The email I'm hoping to generate (I've mapped it with the cell contents I'm hoping to pull) will be as follows when Column F changes to In Progress. The email addresses are in Column G.

Subject Line: "Web Request(s) Now In Progress"

Dear D2,

Your C2 B2 request has been received and is now in progress. Thank you!

My Signature

When Cell Value = Completed

The email I'm hoping to generate (I've mapped it with the cell contents I'm hoping to pull) will be as follows when Column F changes to Completed. The email addresses are in Column G.

Subject Line: "Web Request(s) Completed"

Dear D2,

Your C2 B2 request is complete and the changes are now live. Thank you!

My Signature

Attached Files:

2. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
  3. npalmer610

npalmer610 Thread Starter

Thanks, Keebellah.

4. Keebellah

Keebellah Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Hans
    If you get stuck just post and we'll take a look

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1202797

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice