Solved Outlook Mail has stopped working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jobear

Hi All, My Outlook Office mail program crashed. I have removed all email addresses but can't seem to add the correct one. I have even tried two factor from Apple.
the screen shot shows what is there for data but all the other fields (email addresses) are blank. Any idea where to start? thank you in advance.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20201002132823.000000-480
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6400 CPU @ 2.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 94 Stepping 3, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 12 GB
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 530, 1024 MB
Hard Drives: C: 446 GB (284 GB Free); F: 1862 GB (1742 GB Free);
Motherboard: Dell Inc. 0C2XKD, ver A01, s/n 551GKB2.CN701636530051.
System: Dell Inc., ver DELL - 1072009, s/n 551GKB2
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

Last edited by a moderator:

Couriant

James
Hello! To confirm are you trying to add an Apple account, or different one? I have removed your picture because it displays your full email address and we don't want people snooping for email addresses to spam see it :) Please make sure that you remove your personal information, including the first part of your email address when submitting screenshots.

jobear

Hello! To confirm are you trying to add an Apple account, or different one? I have removed your picture because it displays your full email address and we don't want people snooping for email addresses to spam see it :) Please make sure that you remove your personal information, including the first part of your email address when submitting screenshots.
thank you, never noticed what was copied. It is a Yahoo mail account and also an icloud account. thanks

Couriant

James
Let’s try a new profile. Make sure Outlook is closed.

Go to Control Panel > Mail > Show Profiles.
Click on add and then name it. It should walk you through adding the account you want. Once done, make sure you set the Always use profile with the one you just created. Save it and then open Outlook. You should be getting the emails.

jobear

Hi, I tried to create a new account and when it opened it says Outlook, I then tried to add my email address without any luck. When I get the sign in box it automatically ha the incorrect gmail email address which I erase and use the Yahoo based email address. Stumped...I have two outlook data files from towards the end of 2020 if that helps.
I can usually figure things out but not this......:mad:
thanks for trying to give me a boost.
1627936606590.png

jobear

outlook just loaded but a very old one 2016 I have two emails and my folders aren't up to date.
It will not send or receive but my email address did show up. It keeps asking for my password.

jobear

my icloud calendar in outlook is up to date.
I'll be gone for about three hours so If you reply and I don't answer, I will. thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online