1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Mail Profiles

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Terry Bennett, Jun 14, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Terry Bennett

Terry Bennett Thread Starter

Having just 'upgraded' from MS Office Professional 2007 to Office 365 I have successfully set-up my 6 mail accounts in Outlook but I think the Mail Profile may have been corrupted since old accounts, now deleted, still show on the front page but not within the Account Settings page. I decided to re-create the Mail Profile to try and solve this (also an issue with 'hanging' on send/receive) and, laboriously did so. I now find that this new profile, despite the fact that it shows in Control Panel > Mail cannot be accessed by Outlook 365. It seems that I should have set it up through Control Panel > Mail (Outlook 2016). How do I transfer it as it took well over an hour to complete?!

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Are you using POP or internet type of access to your accounts?
    Also are you using the settings provided by you email provider(s)?

3. Terry Bennett

I'm using Outlook. Some of the accounts are POP and others IMAP. The settings are exactly the same as the existing (corrupted) profile and work fine. I am using Windows 7

4. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Can you post a screen shot of the Outlook window shoeing the different POP and Imap account files (pst and ost)?

5. Terry Bennett

I'd rather not as that then displays all of my e-mail addresses. Within the Outlook Files folder the file types are all shown as 'Outlook Data File' although the ones created under the new profile (which I can't access through Outlook) are suffixed Outlook0619 (the name of the new profile). The issue is that I created it using Mail rather than Mail (Outlook 2016) - see below:

upload_2019-6-15_17-2-22.png

6. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    I have never used the entries within the Control Panel to add an email address to Outlook program.
    I open Outlook, and then "File, Account Settings, Account Settings, Manage Profile, Email Accounts"
    Then click on the "New" to add a new email account.

7. Terry Bennett

Yes, that's what I would do too. But I wasn't trying to add a new e-mail address, I was trying to create a new Outlook profile

8. DaveA

First Name:
    David
    Why a different Profile?

9. Terry Bennett

As per my original post ... I think the existing one is corrupted

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1228599

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice