1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Mailbox and Personal Folders

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Xelliz, Sep 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xelliz

Xelliz Thread Starter

I have 1 user who is having email problems. She is one of the older employees at this company and therefore uses PST files for her email.

What appears to be happening is that when she receives an email, it sits in her Mailbox for 30 minutes or more until the user starts messing with Outlook. From this point, the emails either drop to the Personal Folders, or are manually moved.

The delivery is set to Personal Folders.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, and know of a way to get the emails to move to the personal folders in a more timely fashion as they should? I have tried doing a repair on Office, and tried altering some of the NIC settings to no avail. I don't personally have access to the Exchange server.

Update: Well, I think we're just going to change the user to Mailbox, and use the personal folders for archival purposes. However, if you know what the problem is, please feel free to post a fix.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/500231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice