1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook mailbox permission question

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by ibm37, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ibm37

ibm37 Thread Starter

When someone has been given access to a mailbox and can send (on behalf) Editor or Author I think are the correct permissions? When user sends a email this is stored her 'Sent' items. If she is wanting to have the email saved to the actual mailbox sent folder then I assume something else has to be doon? When creating a separate profile for the actual mailbox the user is wanting access to, when following through with the wizard it asks you for a username and password..

Is there something that would be done on Active Directory or system manager, and you give the user the Send AS setting? and will this mean the email is saved in the sent items folder? and so can create a separate profile for this?

Thanks

2. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

I think what you are looking for is in Tools, Options, Delegates. If you add someone there the e-mail will be sent on-behalf-of....

3. ibm37

ibm37 Thread Starter

That's right.. so the sent email will go in the sent items of the sender, not the mailbox owner) what I am asking is if someone has access to someone else's mailbox and sends an email is there a way so that the sent email actually goes to the sent items folder of the actual mailbox?

4. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

I'm not sure where the sent will go.

Let me move you over to Business Applications.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/452249

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice