1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Outlook merging inboxes

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by LinuxOS, May 15, 2018.

Advertisement
  1. LinuxOS

LinuxOS Thread Starter

Dear All,

Could you please tell me is there any way/method to merge all inboxes into one on Outlook 2016? If yes please let me know! Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

2. Sponsor

3. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    If they are used for "imap" email accounts, NO, but all of the POP type can me imported into on PST file.
    Then the setting within each account will need to be changed to be linked to the single pop 3 past file.

4. LinuxOS

LinuxOS Thread Starter

Hi DaveA,

Thanks for your reply! Yes they are configured with POP could you please tell me whats are the steps to accomplish that goal! Thanks in advance.

Regards,

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    I am assuming that these inboxes are all under one Windows user account, if not then that is whole different story.

First locate the different "PST" files, and copy them to a thumb drive.
    Then you could delete all of the pst files from the hard drive.
    So, now if you were to fire up Outlook and since it can not find the deleted PST files, it will think it is a new setup.
    This time, make sure that you read the screens when adding an email account about what "pst" file to use.
    when adding a second and on email account, make sure that the same "pst" is going to be used by these accounts.
    Once you have the email accounts set up, then you can import all of the data from each of the other pst files that are on the thumb drive.
    Be sure that when you do the importing that you include ALL of the different data areas, email, calendar, contacts and etc. each time, you may have a bunch of duplicates, but you can clean them up by deleting the extras.

6. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
  7. LinuxOS

LinuxOS Thread Starter

Hi Dave,
    Thanks so much !
    Regards,

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1210257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice