1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook - Moving emails to a PST on a share moving very SLOW! Help Please

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by dant22185, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dant22185

dant22185 Thread Starter

I have a client that has to regularly move emails from his inbox to a PST on his company shared drive. Moving files under 100kbs seem fine but this client needs to regularly move emails upwards of 5Mbs in size to his PST on the share. When he does move these files his outlook gets hung up to the point of completely freezing everything on his computer just to move the email. It can take upwards of 10-20 minutes to move one file.

The troubleshooting I have performed:
    -I tried setting his network adapter to 100 Mbs Full Duplex, didn't appear to do anything
    -Speed test his connection, he is running about 1.2-1.5 Mb down and 1.5+ Upload, so no issue there.
    -I tested moving a 15Mb file to his shared drive, this seemed to be uploading fine, after a minute or 2 it was nearly half done, so this leads me to believe the issue is more pertaining to outlook.
    -I then killed his outlook profile, recreated him a new one and remapped the PSTs.
    -Had him test moving files again, and the same issue is still occurring.
    -The client also reports this was not always an issue and had recently started happening.

At this point I am stuck and would like any advise anyone may have to offer for a solution.

2. dant22185

dant22185 Thread Starter

Ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973004

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice