1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Not Remembering Password

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by SurferSD, Nov 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SurferSD

SurferSD Thread Starter

I have a Pentium Core Duo with Vista Home Premium, Norton 360, MS Outlook and two separate user accounts (one the Administrator). Even tho I checked the "Remember Password" box for both users, Outlook continually asks me to hand-enter the password every time I open it - from either account. I have Outlook set to automatically send/receive upon opening. Any advice on how I can get Outlook to remember the password for each user and stop asking for it every time I open Outlook?

Thank you!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  3. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

do you mean outlook express?

when i used various versions of outlook there was no way to use a pasword that i'm aware of.

outlook was more secure but had too many limitations, so my choice is outlook express, which can have several user/password protected accounts.

4. golferbob

golferbob

outlook express goto tools at the top , accounts - properities.

5. SurferSD

SurferSD Thread Starter

Thanks for your response. No ... I mean the full Outlook, not OE. The password entry relates to the email account password required by the IP providing the email service - in this case, it's Time Warner (roadrunner). Each account setup requires a password. In this case, I have one username/password and my wife has another. We are under two user logins within the Vista OP structure. But when either of us open Outlook to check our email, a menu pops up with the correct username already entered, but asking for the password. When we enter the password and check the "Remember Password" box on that menu, it proceeds to download any emails. But when we then close Outlook and open it up again, we have to go thru the same procedure of entering the password again.

6. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Try the link above, maybe one of the suggestions will help.

7. bearone2

bearone2 Banned

i've had rr for years and never had a requirement for a password when using outlook.

at work the password was required to get on the system which in turn got me into outlook but not a separate password for outlook.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/652705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice