outlook not sending

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fmengiste

outlook express 6 is not retrieving my email; its able to connect to the server because it shows how many new emails I have and it begins retrieving them but it stays stuck (windows task manager says it is not responding) until server times it out.

sending out is not a problem.

Could your 'Stuck' be that you have a huge e-mail to download.

I have had this a few times but I can look at my e-mails at the ISP over the Web and delete view / delete them direct.

Are you dialed up and can you look at your network traffic (during the 'stuck'), if you are receiving data then you're likely not stuck, just taking a long time to download.

Maybe this helps.

fmengiste

I got rid of the last email it was unable to retrieve, a file of about 12k and now its downloading wonderfully. Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online