1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook: Offline to Online

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by pdesjardins, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. pdesjardins

pdesjardins Thread Starter

I have my Outlook 2000 set up to ask me on startup if I want to connect or work offline.
    When I go offline, I hit F9 to synchronize all folders whenever I connect to a LAN or phone line.
    Problem: How do I get back to the "connected" mode? I can't access my global address book when I'm offline. I try exiting and re-starting, but it does not prompt me to connect and I'm offline again.
    Thanks in advance!

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Usually...or I thought....just hitting Send/Receive should connect you. Or choose File-Work Online. No?

3. pdesjardins

Send/Receive does just that. It connects temporarily only. There is no "Work Online" choice under File.
    I thought I had it when I tried viewing a web page in "Favorites". The system told me the page was not available offline, did I want to connect? But that was only while I was viewing the web page.
    Thanks for trying.

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    You sure you're using Outlook 2000?

Please hit Help-About and tell us the version. Also, does it say Internet Mail Only or Corporate Workgroup?

5. pdesjardins

It's says "Corporate or Workgroup".

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    If you are at work, you should be discussing this with your exchange admin. If you're not at work, then I think you need to learn exchange server.

Sorry...

Outlook on IMO is very different than CW.

7. pdesjardins

Thanks for the effort!(y)

8. gareth777

gareth777

The file MAPISP32.exe controls this behaviour. After exiting Outlook 2000, this file should stop running (in processes tab) after around 30 secs, whereupon starting Outlook again gives the connect/work offline choice.

If it doesn't close automatically, you can end process, but Outlook may complain about the MAPI spooler not running when you start Outlook again - this is remedied by running MAPISP32.exe from the run command.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170455

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice