1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook PAB's

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by TChenkus, Dec 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TChenkus

TChenkus Thread Starter

I am new to a small company who uses a ms exchange server. They created several calendars over the years for conference rooms. The problem is there is no documentation of where the .PAB's for each room is located. When I search for *.pab, I find several 'Mailbox.pab''s. Is there any way to identify which PAB's go with what room? Is there a way to open the PAB to see which calendar it goes with? Any help is appreciated.

2. Rockn

Rockn

The calendars are probably set up on the Exchange server's public folders directory. They aren't and wouldn't be in a pab (personal address book). When you are in Outlook, click the button for folder list...5th one from the left..and go down to public folders and click the + sign next to it and then the + next to all public folders. All of the calendars are probably in there. I am not sure why you think there are personal address books associated with the calendars.

3. MsPCGenius

MsPCGenius

The calendar information could be in a PAB (Personal Address Book) if the originator of the calendars set them up and maintained them in their own mailbox.

Anytime you have a *.PAB and you don't know what's contained in it, you can perform an Import. Just be sure that you import into a new mailbox/contact list/calendar vs. overwriting your own.

Hope this helps!

4. Rockn

Rockn

It would be stroed in an PST not a PAB. PST's contain all of your outlook folders

5. MsPCGenius

MsPCGenius

Quite right RockN :), I stand corrected. Right theory, wrong file :(

My only excuse is that I have far too much data rolling around in my head for my own good... :)

6. Rockn

Rockn

LOL....you need to get rd of some of that data in your head to make room for the new stuff. I used to use booze, but that din't help much and started corrupting other data.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61311

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice