1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook - Personal Folders

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ShirleyMac99, Aug 24, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ShirleyMac99

ShirleyMac99 Thread Starter

I have a user who put a password on his personal folders and then forgot his password. Is there any way at all to reset his password so that he can retrieve his messages?
    Please help!

2. roverman

roverman

I have to comment, that this is a first for me. I didn't know there was a password option. I put one on mine, removed Personal Folders, but it was required when I added it back.

You might visit here and see if there is something that can help you. http://winfiles.cnet.com/apps/98/password.html

Other than deleting his outlook.pst and starting over, I hope one of the software above helps out.

Randy
    Randy

3. Kento

Kento

Yes you can find it!

On the link roverman posted look for a program called Outlook Password Recovery Key.

That should do it.

Post back and let us know.

4. ShirleyMac99

Hi Randy and Kento - thanks for responding.
    I downloaded a free password recovery application at Webattack.com. It recovers passwords that are in ******* form. In the Outlook Personal Folder it doesn't show the password in asterisks. Do you know Microsoft lists these passwords anywhere in the hard drive that way?

5. roverman

roverman

I tried to delete the PWL file in Windows, but that didn't work. All it did was make me redo all my passwords again, including the Personal Folders.

You can set him up with an alternative Personal Folders until you get this worked out. He just won't have all his saved stuff. Big price for forgetting, but until you get the password, it'll have to do.

Rename his outlook.pst (???) to something like outlook2.pst. Then have Personal Folders create a new one in the same directory. Once you figure out how to do the password, Install the first Personal Folder again. You should be able to have several PF's.

Randy

6. Kento

Kento

ShirleyMac,

Use the program I listed above...Outlook Password Recovery Key. It's specifically designed to recover passwords for Outlook. It's at the link posted above. It's free to try.

[This message has been edited by Kento (edited 08-25-2000).]

7. RandyG

RandyG

8. ShirleyMac99

RandyG,
    I downloaded the that program (007-Wasp) and it was for 95/98 only. I'm sorry if I forgot to mention it was for NT. I will continue to search for that now - Thanks.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/37243

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice