1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook phone number formatting

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Totores, Jan 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Totores

Totores Thread Starter

Good afternoon everyone (my time) I need help if possible with outlook mobile phone numbers fields formatting

the numbers in Australia are
    0417 123 123
    can I format the mobile phone number to display as

0417 123 123 or 0417123123

at the moment they display as (04) 17 123123 or (04) 1712-3123
    also the standard fixed line numbers are (02 the area code) 97431111 but outlook formats it as (02) 9743-1111. I also link the outlook phone book with my mobile phone running windows Mobile 6.1 pro and I have outlook office 2007

Help, please

2. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    If you have Windows Vista/7 then look into the Regional and Language Options and changed it to the Australian English option and then see if that affects the Outlook formatting.

3. Totores

Totores Thread Starter

Thanks,
    I have checked the regional settings it's set to the right country I see the various numbers formatting but it doesn't cover phone numbers

4. jimr381

jimr381

First Name:
    Jim
    I will mull it over and see if I can think of another thing to check. Have you looked into Designing the form and adding an input mask to the field?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975342

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice