1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook "please authenticate via POP first" error

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by jporter313, Feb 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jporter313

jporter313 Thread Starter

Arrrggghhh. This is driving me nuts!! I can't seem to send emails to certain recipients. when I try to send out an email from Outlook 2003 it pretends to send it but then immediately drops a message in my inbox saying:

"
    Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: Plane Ticket to Puerto Vallarta
    Sent: 2/7/2005 1:21 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

'******@****.net' on 2/7/2005 1:21 AM
    550 Error: Please Authenticate via POP first (106.9)
    "

(note the address has been blanked out to protect the innocent)

I cannot find reference to this error anywhere in the documentation (it refers to 550 erros, but has no advice for this specific one). I have tried shutting down my virus scanner and reducing the junk mail filtering thinking maybe that would help. No luck.

Can anyone offfer me some advice before I go insane and chuck my computer out the window. This is a rather time sensitive email. Thanks in advance for any help.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327672

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice