1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook - problem getting replies

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by 914eener, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 914eener

914eener Thread Starter

I've moved and am having to use dial up for a couple of months. I've started using Earthlink as it was free for 6 months with my new laptop. Here's my problem...when people reply to email that I've sent them the reply tries to go to the wrong address. I've called Earthlink tech support 3 times and gotten the same response on a fix each time (make sure the reply email is configured properly) that does not work. What's happening is I put my middle initial "m" in my email address and when people reply the address is correct except it drops the "m" and they get a bounce back. When they receive an email from me it shows that it is coming from the correct address, but their reply tries to go back to the address without the "m". I'm using Outlook 2003 and I have my reply address properly configured. I'm stumped on this one. I'm doing a job hunt and it's critical that people can reply to my email.

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Retired Moderator

Hi 914eener

Are you saying that you are changing your email address?
    Is this address a valid address? Your ISP recognizes it?
    You are using this as a Reply address?

Are you attempting to remain anonymous by using a different email address for your recipients to reply to?

Let us know.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/328614

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice