1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook problems etc...

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by cntrynt, Sep 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cntrynt

cntrynt Thread Starter

Although I have anti-virus software, I think my computer has picked up a virus somewhere. I use Outlook for sending work related e-mail. Although my e-mail appears to be going to whom it is addressed, some of the addressees have stated that they are not receiving my e-mail. I send a lot of e-mail to one particular company, and nobody at that company can receive anything that I send them out of my Outlook, but if I use my personal e-mail account, they receive it just fine.

Also, something is wrong with my CD Rom drive. I put in a CD and the computer recognizes that it's there, if it's a music CD, it'll play just fine, but if it's a software CD, I can not download the software to my computer.

Please help.

2. DerekC

DerekC

Do you use Outlook, or outlook express?

When you say "download the software to my computer" do you mean installing the software, or are you trying to copy the data to the computer? If you mean installing, do you get any errors, or does it just not do anything? If the autoplay is disabled it may not prompt you to do anything. Try inserting a disc, then access the disc manually. Go into My computer then double-click your CD\DVD drive.

3. cntrynt

cntrynt Thread Starter

I use Outlook Express and yes, I meant install the software. I doesn't do anything when I put the cd in the try, but autoplay has not been disabled. I did try accessing the disc manually through "explore" and I can get to the .exe file, but when I click on it, nothing happens and I get an error message. I'm not at that computer right now, so I can't tell you what the error is, but it say something to the effect that something in my cd rom drive has been disabled.

4. cntrynt

cntrynt Thread Starter

Okay, here's what's happening. I insert the software CD into my cd rom drive. It does not automatically start, so I go to explore and find the launcher.exe file. I click on that and the program opens up to a page that allows you to install certain sections of the software. When I click on install, it says "Please insert CD #1 and try again". If CD #1 wasn't in the cd rom drive, how can I get to the software? Something is obviously wrong.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753524

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice