1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Problems (x2)

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by thomasdodson2004, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thomasdodson2004

thomasdodson2004 Thread Starter

I am running Vista. I am having two issues with Outlook, one minor and one major. My email account is through GoDaddy.

First, the small fish. Whenever I start Outlook I get told something about they cannot verify my security authenticty (I don't remember the exact phrasing). I have to click 'yes' to proceed. Not a biggie. Just a small irritation that I have to do that ever time. :(

The big problem I have is that I can't send anything over 125kb or so without causing a serious logjam in my outbox. Forget about it if I try to send a 1MB email. I might as well leave for the day and come back. Most emails eventually get sent, they just take FOREVER.:mad:

Any help you can offer will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you.

2. dumpling08

dumpling08

Not sure if this will help you, but for the small issue, check your email settings in Tools, Email Accounts. Make sure the "Log on using secure password authentication (SPA)" is not checked. Then look at your "more settings". Make sure under the tab, "outgoing server", that the box "use same settings as my incoming mail server" is checked. you can also Test your account settings. It will give you an error report that will better explain where your problem lies. The problem that you see as a small issue, might be the key to your big problem. I've had similar problems an my internet provider told me to do this. Hope this helps a little. If anything eliminate ideas of solutions.

3. thomasdodson2004

Thanks for that. I tried it, but got this error message:

Send test e-mail message: Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).

4. dumpling08

dumpling08

Your welcome.
    Ok, so how is your account set up? I have had the same error message twice. The first time, my "outgoing mail server" information was incorrect. should be: mail.provider.net. "Incoming mail server" should be : mail.your domain.com. in the "more settings" "outgoing server My Outgoing server requires authentication" needs to be checked. The second time was more technical, behind the scenes. I had someone very experienced here working on something else that helped me resolve this issue. He showed me how to fix it. I will try to look through my notes and see if I can find the resolution. Sorry I cannot be of more help. If all is set up correctly, then it might be on the end of your provider. At least you know it has to do with your outgoing server. If you fix the big issue, the small one will go away too.

5. dumpling08

dumpling08

the other thing was check to see if your port 25 is enabled. You go into command prompt for this

6. thomasdodson2004

I appreciate that. I think I have everything setup correctly. My email works. It's just that it can't handle anything of size in the outbox. It just takes all friggin day!

7. thomasdodson2004

Where is the command prompt to which you refer?

8. dumpling08

dumpling08

lol! We had size problems as well. We had to add a service called Send Your Files.com to our emailing. We send a lot of emails that have very large attachments. We did FTP but it did not always work. So far sendyourfiles.com has worked very well for us. But your email is not very large. That's why I figured it ws something else. Sorry I wasn't any help. Have a wonderful day!

9. dumpling08

dumpling08

Start / run / I don't know after that what wording to use. Another thing I read, make sure your firewall is not blocking it. I'm trying to find out how to check to see if your port 25 is enabled. Computer problems bother me till they are resolved. As I am looking for a resolution for my access problem I will look for this issue. I want to know for my own records. :)

10. dumpling08

dumpling08

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice