1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook profile and all personal folders, etc., GONE!!

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by dkgingue, Oct 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dkgingue

dkgingue Thread Starter

At work this morning, when I opened my email (Outlook 2002) I didn't have a user profile. All my old emails, my address book, and the profile I had been using for years was gone! I know have Outlook Express 6 in addition to Outlook 2002. I have no idea how that got on my computer. I Have scanned my computer for *.pst files to see if they were just hidden somewhere but the search turned up nothing. Two days ago everything was fine, was able to open and check my email with out issue. No one else has used my computer since I last worked two days ago. What could account for this problem and the Outlook Express 6 that is now on my computer? Where has my stuff gone? Is there any way to retrieve it? :confused:

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Outlook Express is part of Windows, so it was always there. You just didn't use it. If the computer is physically accessible to others, I'd highly suspect someone else used it. No one's going to admit to anything when someone starts yelling about their lost data. It's anyone's guess as to what happened.

If the data is gone, it's gone. Did you have a backup? If not, you can try a recovery application like Recuva.

3. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    What about your tech support team at work? I think its .dbx files you should be looking for not .pst files.

The only reason your email ID is not there is it would have been deleted, (which of course it deletes all saved emails you have in different folders,) but files holding your email will still be on the computer.Usually located - C drive/Documents and Settings\your user name\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities......

Outlook Email Extract.exe - will retrieve emails from different folders

Going to file, import/export and following prompts should save your address book once its back in the program.

DoubleHelix is right, doubt anyone will admit to doing anything.

Hope this helps

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/866948

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice