1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Pst file

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by thefemail, Dec 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. thefemail

thefemail Thread Starter

I need help. I have just recently upgraded my computer's mother board. Unfortunatley I had to also install Win XP because my new hardware would work with the old OS. Before I reformatted the hard drive I saved everything including my entire outlook folder and inbox to my backup hard drive.
    I am now trying to get everything back to normal. But windows won't let me open the old PST file that contains my inbox emails. I checked and it's not a read only file. But windows tells me that it cannot start MS outlook. Can't open file c:\program files\microsoft office\office 10\outlook\outlook.pst. the file may not exist, may not have permission to open it or it's open in another program. ctrl alt del shows me that outlook isn't currently running and it's not a read only file. HELP Please!!

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Hate to ask what might be obvious, but did you try importing from that PST instead of opening it?

3. thefemail

thefemail Thread Starter

Thanks Dreamboat,

It worked this time. I swear on my Windows XP bible that I did try importing before I posted this question. But for some reason it didn't work then. So when you told me to import I thought okay give another try and it worked. Maybe XP was in a better mood tonight.:rolleyes: This forum is way more helpful than MS tech support. Bill Gates ought to hire you guys for tech support. Thanks again, Dreamboat

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    I do over the phone support. I can't tell you how many times I've had the user go through the steps again and it works that time. Hiccups, perhaps? LOL

Glad you're happy here!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61503

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice