1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook ' Read receipt' problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by sleepz, Jan 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sleepz

sleepz Thread Starter

I am using outlook 2003. I have received a message that requested a read receipt that I said yes to sending. It does not seem to be sending it. It doesnt appear in the outbox so I can not delete it but every thirty seconds my computer flashes up that it has an error trying to send something.
    I tried using a program called OutlookSpy which was recommended on another site but that tells me I have used up my free test period and now I have to pay, but I do not even know if it would work.
    All my other mail can still go in and out ok but the error messages are driving me nuts.
    Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers
    Rob
    UK

2. Augie65

Augie65

Try this, open Tools> Options> Preference tab> click on E-mail Options button. Click Tracking Options button> on the lower section, click the radio button: Never send a response. Ok your way out and close Outlook. See if this will stop the message.

3. sleepz

sleepz Thread Starter

I had tried this before and it indeed has stopped any new 'read receipts' from being acknowledged but it doesnt stop the one that it is still trying to send. Thanks anyway.

4. Andrew T

Andrew T

I know this is pretty late and hopefully you've solved the problem already butI had the same thing happening since I accidently replied to a read receipt request last week.

After changing the options to choose never to send a read receipt (see Augie65) I deleted the original email that caused the problem (the one that requested a read receipt). That was a couple of hours ago now and it appears to have fixed.

i think this is much simply than downloading programs but in my brief search of the web I didn't see it suggested any where else. Will let you know if the prob resurfaces.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/535727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice