1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook recurring appointment reminder problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by el viejo, Jun 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. el viejo

el viejo Thread Starter

I keep receiving a reminder for an Outlook recurring appointment that no longer exists. I deleted the recurring series some time ago. The message reads as follows:

"Cannot turn off reminder. You may be reminded again. Cannot locate recurrence information for this appointment."

Any ideas on how to turn off this most annoying reminder would be appreciated.

2. Impera

Impera

Try to open Outlook with the switch "/cleanreminders"
    Syntax would be like this (without quotations):
    "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office11\Outlook.exe /cleanreminders"

Type that on the RUN command line (Start, Run).

I think it might work if you type only "outlook /cleanreminders"

Source: http://www.techgalaxy.net/Docs/Exchange/OL2003_switches.htm

3. donviejo

donviejo

Many thanks for your prompt reply and answer. I really do appreciate this kind of help.

Both suggested techniques of opening Outlook using "cleanreminders" worked in opening Outlook. Now it is just a matter of time on making sure the recurring reminder does not once again reappear but I assume it has been taken care of.

My problem appears to be a not uncommon problem based upon a Google search and with several other posts on Tech Guy so your suggestion is of value to others.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/834263