Outlook Reminder

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

timetravel

I have a user who claims that her Outlook reminder window, that pops up for various tasks she has set up, would remain open even after closing Outlook. I have checked every possible setting I can find and scoured google for anything referencing this and have found nothing. As far as I know when you close outlook, all reminders close with it. I'm guessing that her Outlook may not have been exiting properly in the past and that's why these Windows remained open. But any ideas or suggestions anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks! :confused:

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi timetravel

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

You might try starting Outlook with the /CleanReminders command switch:
OL2002: Additional Command-Line Switches
How to use additional command-line switches that are not included in Outlook 2000

It may also be as you mentioned that Outlook is not closing completely.
Has the user checked the Task Manager to see if there is an instance of outlook.exe still running?
Here are a few links on other programs, add-ins that may keep Outlook from exiting properly:
Outlook Doesn't Close
OUTLOOK.EXE continues running after you exit Outlook
STOP USING TASK MANAGER TO KILL OUTLOOK.EXE!

Let us know what happens.

timetravel

Well Outlook is closing correctly....that is the problem (yes that sounds strange, lol). My guess is that in the past Outlook was NOT closing correctly, and therefore her reminder windows were staying open....which is what she wants. She assumed that the reminder windows remaining open was a feature rather than a bug. And now that Outlook is closing correctly, all those windows close correctly and she thinks it's broken. So it goes to show, even when Outlook works correctly it still makes people mad. Maybe I'll break Outlook to make her happy, hehe. Oh well, just though I'd check to see if anyone knew anything I wasn't aware of or thinking of. Thanks for the help! :D

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
LOL! :)

I see, she *wants* them to remain open.

I cannot remember if Outlook 97 did that or not. :confused:

What version of Outlook is being used and can she recall what version of Outlook previously did that?

timetravel

:D they are using Outlook 2002 SP3. I assume that they have been using this version for some time. I have only worked here about a month though, so I couldn't say for sure.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online