Outlook sending ghost email

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gray911

Hi
I am running Outlook Express 2003. I have a problem with Express sending an email that is not there. When I open and do a send/receive, it starts to send 1/1 when there is nothing in the outbox at all. What is it sending? I can send a test email, and simple text messages but nothing with an attachment. This Ghost email seems to be confliciting something.. Can you help? I am connecting through a VPN (Shiva) if that makes a difference. Is it on the server?
Joy

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi Gray911

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

Interesting, does the e-mail ever complete sending?
Does your Sent Items folder have any copies of the messages?
Have you checked the Rules to see if they are generating any messages?
Have you received any messages that asked for a Return Receipt?

Is this Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express? As they are different programs.

Gray911

Hi
I am running Outlook 2003. It doesn't seem to ever send completely. I haven't received any message that asked for a reply that I can remember. I am not sure what you mean by checking to see if Outlook is sending a message, I don't think that it is. When I can send a message it is only when I can get it in before it starts to send the Ghost message. I have my settings set so that Outlook will send automatically after a certain time, so it automatically starts to send this Ghost message if I don't do the send/receive myself. Does that make sense?
I done a virus and spyware check thinking that might be a problem. Could it be one that has slipped by the scan? I have done all the updates etc.
Joy

Gray911

We gave up and took the computer in to get fixed. I will try and let you know what happened if I find out.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online