Outlook sending "phantom" e-mails

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BourneGooner

Hi everyone,
This is my first post so hope it goes ok.
When I open Outlook, I have it on automatically send/receive. Just lately I've noticed it sending e-mails and I have no idea what they are.
When I look in the send window there is nothing there that shouldn't be.
Does anyone know what these "phantom" e-mails are and if they pose any threat?

Thanks in advance

BourneGooner

BourneGooner

Thanks Golferbob

I currently use the free version of AVG plus AdAware, SpyBot and a couple of reg cleaners, but I still ran Panda Security as you suggested. Lo and behold Panada found five things that the others didn't. The datestamps on the files were for around 2004 to 2006 though but I deleted these files anyway. Not sure it's done the trick yet, but Outlook isn't sending any unknown e-mails as yet (touch wood :eek:)

I suppose it just goes to show no one piece of software will find every virus etc. You've just got to be vigilant....

Thanks again

BourneGooner

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online