Outlook Sent Items

Anne Troy

Anne
Where are my sent items in Outlook 365 (G-suite gmail shows it)?
The only solution I can find is already set to "save a copy of sent items..."

Incredibly grateful for any help!

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Are you using the online version of Outlook or it the Outlook application installed on your PC?

Couriant

James
I haven't tried adding an external account to my account because my work account doesn't appear to have that function online (blocked by admin) so I will need to try it out on a personal account. Having said that, those accounts I do have access to opens up a new tab for the mailbox when I need to access it... so I am guessing this is for the Outlook / Office 365 application?

I would believe it's the same as the application... I think it will be in the sent items folder for your main account in Outlook. We have the issue where when our users send from their departmental account, it will save it in their personal work sent items folder.

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
We have the issue where when our users send from their departmental account, it will save it in their personal work sent items folder.
I know MS produced Fix-Its for these issues in Office 2013 & 2016, whereby any emails sent from a shared account could be sent to that accounts Sent Items folder instead of the individual's. Same with the Deleted Items.

Couriant

James
I know MS produced Fix-Its for these issues in Office 2013 & 2016, whereby any emails sent from a shared account could be sent to that accounts Sent Items folder instead of the individual's. Same with the Deleted Items.
Hmm I will need to look into that (y) we are on the latest Outlook though...

lochlomonder

Colin
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I haven't looked at it for O365, James. Usually, by having them access shared mailboxes, Exchange is saving them in the correct spot. I just remember having to do this on a per-user basis for all the clients that accessed shared mailboxes on Outlook 2013 & 2016, and that was a real pain in the tonsils.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online