Outlook server not responding , no web pages with browser

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

snowmobill

Hi ,
Have had this problem for last 2 - 3 weeks .
Can connect to my talktalk broadband ok , i do this first , then ....start ms outlook and get no server response , operation timed out error 0X8004210A , for both receive and send.
Contacted talktalk help line , had my settings checked , pinged ok , he suggested entering webmail.talktalk.net in my firefox browser to get e-mail to go in outlook .
This worked ok and was a good enough work around , but I didn't realise at the time that my firefox was refusing to load pages after a reboot . In fact it does start to work after a delay of about 30 minutes and then everything works normally , e-mail and web browsing.
When Firefox was unable to load pages i tried everything i could think of to get it going ...
took down firewalls , ran antispyware and reset settings , then suddenly everything would return to normal and i thought it was fixed , but on next boot the same problem came back.
A few days later i found that the error would disappear spontaneously after about 30 minutes , whether i was playing around or not .
the same thing happens with IE6 and outlook express . I have tried reinstalling browsers , the antispyware comes up clean ,Spybot ,Ewido and AVG .
Running XP prof.
Any help would be very appreciated ,please bear in mind my very limited computing skills
Cheers Bill

snowmobill

Pinged DNS ok ...no lost packets .Still same problem ....long delay in browser and e-mail to connect , like a firewall that runs for 30 + minutes on reboot ,
ANY ideas , anyone

snowmobill

Found a way around this problem . Definitely a DNS lookup failure .Can get to Google by bypassing the name server .Displayed dns cache --all sorts of bad addresses there , flushed them out but of course they come back. Contacted isp , gave me alternate addresses but this only worked until the next reboot . Now I stop the DNS Client on every new start ,this works for me , not very elegant but beggars can't be choosers.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online