1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook - Set up a domain-based email reminder system?

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by wrqn, Feb 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrqn

wrqn Thread Starter

I work for a company that reports to many other companies, and they ALL have their own rules about where to send emails, what the RE line should look like, etc. I've got checklists for each company but it would be a lot faster (and less prone to 'forgetting') if I could set up something where if I'm sending to, say, <anybody>@abc.com, I can somehow get a reminder to come up that abc.com requires its file number first in the RE line and to cc their accounting department for all payment requests, but if I'm sending to <anybody>@xyz.com, it'll remind me that xyz.com requires emails to be sent to a central location, with the document name in its RE: line and attn: to the specific employee we're working with in their organization for that particular file. Not sure if this is possible using macros or VBA, but figured it doesn't hurt to ask. Thanks!

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Until somebody here comes up with a more elegant solution, have you considered creating email message templates for each company? The subject line could have something like "RE: insert file number" and maybe the "ATTN:" list would have all possible recipients' names that you could edit down to the specific person. The body could have a preset message if all emails have the same general wording. Instructions to yourself that would need to be deleted before sending could be included in the body, maybe in bold and bright red.

As a precaution against accidentally sending the template created email before it is ready, you could leave the To: and cc: entries blank until the message and subject have been edited and files attached. Then cut and paste that information from the template body just before sending it.

How to create a template.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...template-43ec7142-4dd0-4351-8727-bd0977b6b2d1

How to select a template to send a message.
    https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...template-56c645fc-1b25-4059-808b-55ee72b6bc2d

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1239667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice