1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook signing in problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by philip kirkham, Apr 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philip kirkham

philip kirkham Thread Starter

Hi,
    To resolve an orange e-mail issue (i.e. orange is useless) we started to use MSN's @live.co.uk addresses for each of the 3 computers, we had already installed outlook 2007 but we not sure how to link the accounts to the outlook, until we determined that the outlook required the outlook connector.

For a couple of months the system has been working fine, e-mails can be sent and received etc, then a recent batch of updates from MS has seen several days when each of the computers will not connect to the MSN server, stating that the [email protected] address cannot sign in to the server.

Each time the user has to reboot the computer to get the outlook to sign in, several attempts to 'repair' the connector are done and it is not guarenteed that on a reboot the connector allows the connection, one account of the outlook has three different addresses, one of which is a company address and the others are personal.

I have un-installed the connector on this PC and re-installed it with no change, is there any specific reason that connector does not sign the account in ?

Best regards
    Phil

2. philip kirkham

Hi,
    Below is the dialogue box that appears,

([email protected])
    We were unable to sign in to your account. Please try again. Outlook Connector has encountered an error. Please restart Outlook, if the issue continues, open the control panel, click Add/Remove programs and repair Outlook Connector, if this does not fix the issue, contact support.

Firstly, we have tried all but the support, which is who exactly - MS or the administrators of our system i.e. me.

best regards
    phil

3. philip kirkham

Hi,
    I have just repaired outlook from the installation disk and there was no change, the outlook connector appears not to connect to the server until after about 4 attempts of shutting down outlook.

Best regards
    phil

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/919315

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice