Outlook spam protection for Vista: Which software do you recommend?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

teraside

I've switched to Vista this week and I used to run ZoneAlarm Security Suite, they don't have a Vista version yet, so I need a spam filtering, protection program for Outlook.

What would you recommend? Free/paid

Thanks,
teraside

Within Outlook go to Tools>Rules & Alerts

I think you can figure out the wizards from there. It's failyt straightforward.

Spambayes is also a good one. One nice thing is that it "learns" what is spam for you. This is much better than doing simple things like adding a particular e-mail address to a junk mail list. It looks for things like subject and body text entries as well.

I'm using Mailwasher on Vista with Outlook. Mailwasher filters the email before it is downloaded to your machine.

http://www.firetrust.com/firetrustpro.html

They have a free version as well, but it can only be used to access one email client. With the pro version I can check and manage my Gmail, POP3 and Hotmail accounts.

crjdriver

I am using the built in filter in outlook 2007 and it does a reasonable job.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online