Outlook templates

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sallam

I use Outlook 2002
I know how to save a message as a template.
But I failed so far to DISCOVER how on earth can I use them, how can I locate them from within Outlook. Shouldn't there be a folder, in the left pane folder list, for templates? how am I supposed to use them if they are not accessible from outlook interface?

is it in the text menu?

File, New, Choose Form! Make sure you are looking in the right area, probably in the User Templates in File System

Does that not allow you to select the new template you have?

sallam

Originally posted by RandyG:
File, New, Choose Form! Make sure you are looking in the right area, probably in the User Templates in File System

Does that not allow you to select the new template you have?
It does, but I was looking for a shortcut.

Anyhow I found it. Here is how I did it, perhaps this saves some people's time:

--In Outlook, if Outlook bar is not showing, click: View > Outlook Bar
--In outlook bar, click: 'Other Shortcuts'. Then click 'My Computer' to browse to your templates folder location (I have mine created in D:/My Documents/My Outlook/Templates, to protect it in case I format C drive)
--In Outlook Bar, click: 'My Shortcuts', then, from the right pane, drag your 'Templates' folder and drop it 'My Shortcuts'

My Shortcuts is way much better view than 'Folder List' view. You can drag and drop only the folders you need from Folder List to My Shortcuts, then close folder list for good, to save space and reach what you want faster.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online