Outlook: Unable to Add Contacts

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Aslam2504

Hi

I recently upgraded my PC, however in Microsoft Outlook, I am no longer to add contacts to any of the "to" or "cc" lists when sending a new mail.
I conventionally used to click on the "To..." button, and then in the drop down list that says "Show names from the:" Id select my personal or shared contact list and just select the contact, however now it only works for the Global Adress List but not for any of the contacts on my PC.

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi Aslam2504

Welcome to Tech Support Guy Forums!

What version of Outlook are you using?

Right click on the Contacts folders:
Properties > Outlook Address Book tab
Place a check mark in: Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book
Apply, OK to save and close.

Open the Address Book to see if the Contacts folder now appears in the drop down list.

If the Contacts folder already has the option enabled for: Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book
Uncheck that option, Apply, OK
Then go back and recheck that option.

Open the Address Book, the Contacts folder should now appear.

If it still does not appear, you may need to remove and reinstall the Outlook Address Book .
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319901/en-us

Let us know if that works for you or not.

Aslam2504

Hi
Im using outlook 2007,
No luck as the check box (Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book)is greyed out???

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Bummer, Outlook 2007 will not allow the removal and reinstall of the Outlook Address Book.
You will need to create a new profile in Outlook 2007.

How to create a new e-mail profile in Outlook 2007 and in Outlook 2003

After creating the new profile and starting Outlook 2007 using the new profile, you can connect to the Personal Folders you were using in the previous profile.
File > Open > Outlook Data File
Browse to the location of the .pst file and select it.
It should then appear in Outlook.

The Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book should now be available for the Contacts folder.

Let us know if that works for you or not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online