1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Using 2 email aliases on one email address

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by Lindopski, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lindopski

Lindopski Thread Starter

Hi guys heres one that is driving me nuts.
    an email account is set up with an isp here , its btconnect.com
    so the email is say [email protected]
    now joe has two email aliases on his account e.g.

[email protected]
    and
    [email protected]

now when joe accesses his account through outlook it obviously checks the btconnect account and sends the mail to the correct alias, but it cant seem to do it.
    what happens is , it logs on checks one alias then the server errors whilst checking the other as it is still logged on i assume to the main btconnect mail account and so errors out

e.g [email protected] works and roofing.co.uk errors out
    i would like to find a way to check flooring first and roofing after but cant figure it out
    someone suggested using identities in outlook express but isnt outlook the better program and surely there is some kind of feature for this problem

usually after it gets its bearings it is then happy and says send receive complete but after a couple of tries and leaving an error message at the bottom of the screen
    0x800cc0f
    as it is trying to check the two accounts on the same email address at the same time.
    any ideas anyone
    i am even willing to try thunderbird instead
    just the managers like the calender etc in outlook

2. Lindopski

Lindopski Thread Starter

still no ideas on this one.
    maybe using rules in outlook would help.
    I could just check mail from the BT account
    e.g. [email protected] and filter the mail for the aliases into the corresponding mail box, but how then if a mail is written in outlook could it be send from the correct account.
    e.g [email protected] or [email protected] rather than the mail appearing as though it was sent from [email protected] , wow outlook is confusing stuff lol.

3. sle

sle

My first post! Hope this is helpful, tho it may not be _exactly_ what you were looking for. I'm using it as a quick fix until I can get people's email switched over.

We had a division separate out from our parent company, but they were still in the building and getting email at the parent address ([email protected] instead of [email protected]).

I set up the child.com address in Outlook as a second account, then created a rule so that all emails sent to child.com were deposited in a "child.com" folder in their inbox. I also made the new child.com address their _default_ account so that all future emails were sent via that account.

When you have more than one email account in Outlook and are sending a message, there should be (somewhere in the toolbars) an "Accounts" button that appears. That's how you would send email from the non-default account.

sle

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/288986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice