1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook - Using Rules

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by blake_lives, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blake_lives

blake_lives Thread Starter

Hey everyone,

The problem I am having occurs when I try to sort email using Outlook. I have two accounts that i receive mail with through outlook, I'll call them [email protected] and [email protected]. They are both with the same isp. When I create a rule for [email protected], (when mail arrives to "[email protected]", move it to the "One's Mail" Folder) and do the same for [email protected], something strange happens. When an email is received sent to both [email protected] and [email protected], two copies end up in each folder, resulting in a total of four emails. There is probably something simple here that I am missing, but can anyone help?

Thanks.

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Hi blake_lives

Try adding the Action: Stop processing more rules for each Rule.

Let us know if that makes a difference.

3. blake_lives

blake_lives Thread Starter

ok i tried your advice and it's sort of better. However, now two copies of the same email simply go to the address that is listed first in the "to:" field of the email. so instead of four copies, i now have two but they both go to one address. the aim was to get one in each folder. is that even possible?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice