1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook w/Exchange Question

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cmputerbiz, Apr 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cmputerbiz

cmputerbiz Thread Starter

1) We use a global contact list maintained by many people. Whenever anyone changes anything in the Address field Outlook automatically inserts United States of America. When you do a mail merge from Word the country replaces the zip code rendering the address unusable. Any way to turn off Outlook adding United States of America?
    2) Is there any way or 3rd party program that would add the Outlook field "Manager" to the Merge field. Currently it is not an Outlook or, therefore, Word merge field?

Thanks

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Version version version... ?

3. cmputerbiz

Sorry. Outlook 2003, Exchange 2000

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    No problem. When asking OL questions, well...it's changed so much from version to version, that it's best to give that info. So, you see, now I cannot answer the Q because I don't have 2003 installed.
    :(

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Anne, I have 2003 installed on one machine ;) , anything I can check for you?

6. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  7. cmputerbiz

Unfortunately, that only confirms that Manager's Name is not a merge field. I had looked at MS's knowledgebase first and am trying to see if there is any way around it.

8. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
  9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/224362

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice