1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Web App not letting me forward e-mails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by yeovil27, Jan 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yeovil27

yeovil27 Thread Starter

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone can help me with forwarding messages to a private e-mail account on Outlook Web App?

I have quite a cumbersome e-mail setup at the college in which I work; I have to log in four times to access my e-mails in Outlook Web App. Unfortunately for me, the usual Exchange mail setup on a mobile device doesn't work with this e-mail. The other option is sending a text message to my phone when I receive a new e-mail, but I am not in the accepted countries/providers. So I thought I'd save myself a couple of minutes a day (and stop embarrassing myself by replying to e-mails far too late) by forwarding e-mails to my private account, where I'd read it, then log in four times to reply to it ASAP.

However, when I click on 'Create an Inbox Rule', select options ' When the message arrives, [Apply to all messages]' and 'Do the following: Forward the message to... * Select people...' it simply doesn't work. The 'Select people...' hyperlink doesn't do anything. The corner of the window says 'javascript void' but nothing happens. The window hasn't frozen.

I've tried this in on my personal laptop and my college laptop - the link just doesn't work. Is there a way to fix it? Or is there an alternative way of forwarding e-mails that I can use?

Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Does your college allow this? If they don't support Exchange on mobile devices then they may not support or want the emails leaving their system. Have you contact your college's internal IT for help with this?

3. valis

valis Moderator

Im about 99% certain that is a restriction put in place by the uni admins, as we have a similar policy at my employment.

Just as an fyi, in many companies (mine included), transferring email to a private account is a pretty bad offense; I have seen charges pressed in cases such as that. Enron left a bad taste around the board, but Sarbanes-Oxley is a bane of IT.

In short, there is most likely a reason that it isnt working and you need to ask the uni admins about it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141805

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice