1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook won't upload attachments to emails

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Iggy9570, Aug 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

OP: Win 7 Using Firefox. Microsoft recently made my email come in through Outlook. (Forgive me if I am not using correct terminology). I never had it before & now I have to sign in with a password each time I want to view emails. Hate it!! Today, I went to log into Outlook and a message came up saying: "Outlook is not in service and problem should be resolved by 2:00 PM". (Paraphrasing but you get the gist). At 2:10 pm, voila, outlook is there. I try to send an email with an attachment and Outlook won't upload it. I tried numerous times with no success. I had a lot of updates that needed to be done so I ran all of them, restarted and tried again to send my email. No luck.Can someone please help? What should I do or where should I look?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

Are you getting any errors?

3. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

No errors. This morning my cache was cleaned out. Firefox was not up & working. I had to re-download it and then update it. I had to log onto IE and then asked if I wanted to make IE10 my default browser. I don't. I want to use Firefox. It appears Microsoft made major changes...again...no notification...and "we" have no choice but to live with it. What browser do you use & do you find it easy to use and reliable? What is your suggestion to get out from under Microsoft's control if any?

4. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

You can tell IE not to ask about being the default. But I want you to use Internet Explorer.

You can use your email in a client like Windows Live Mail or Mozilla Thunderbird.

5. Iggy9570

Iggy9570 Thread Starter

I'm confused. Why do you want me to use IE?? I always seem to have problems with it. Please advise.
    Thanks.

6. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

To rule out an issue with FireFox. If you don't want to use IE, use Chrome or any other web browser available.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1106009