1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook Xp “include This Account When Receiving Mail Or Synchronizing”

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by TWS, Oct 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TWS

TWS Thread Starter

I HAVE SEVERAL EMAIL ADDRESS AND USE OUTLOOK 2000. I SET UP A BUNCH OF ACCOUNTS AND SET THE OUTGOING SMTP SETTING FOR WHAT EVER DSL PROVIDER IS AT THE LOCATION I USE THE COMPUTER AT, AND THE POP3 FOR THE ACTUAL ACCOUNT I WANT TO CHECK, EVEN IF IT IS WITH ANOTHER PROVIDER. THIS MAKES IT SO I CAN REPLY TO EMAILS AND SEND EMAIL. IN ACCOUNT PROPERTIES, I CAN UNCHECK “INCLUDE THIS ACCOUNT WHEN RECEIVING MAIL OR SYNCHRONIZING” TO DISABLE AN ACCOUNT.

I JUST GOT A NEW LAPTOP TO USE AT A FEW LOCATIONS. I FIGURED I COULD SET UP DIFFERENT ACCOUNTS IN OUTLOOK FOR THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS AND SET EA WITH THE SMTP FOR THE DIFFERENT LOCATIONS AND JUST UN-CHECK “INCLUDE THIS ACCOUNT WHEN RECEIVING MAIL OR SYNCHRONIZING” AS I HAVE DONE IN THE PAST. THE PROBLEM IS, NEW COMPUTER CAME WITH OFFICE XP AND I CANT FIND THAT SETTING, DOSE ANYONE KNOW WHERE IT IS? IF I HAVE ALL THREE ACCOUNTS SET UP AT THE SAME TIME I GET THE SAME EMAIL THREE TIMES (YEA … A BIG DUH) IF I COULD EASILY DISABLE THE REDUNDANT ACCOUNTS THIS WOULD SOLVE THE PROBLEM.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    XP uses some damn grouping thing. It sucks. I went back to 2000 because I hated that issue, and some others.

Try checking out the grouping option.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/169304

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice