Outlook XP address book and message importing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Zeke_cl

Hey it sounds simple enough but here's the delema,
I had to insert a new hardrive into my system and I installed XP on this new HD.

My old HD, with outlook and the rest, is now my e: drive, I
partitioned c: into C: and D:,

I want to get my old messages and also my address book from e:'s outlook to c:'s outlook.

I have found my .wab files for my address book but I cannot find the .pst files for my messages.

As well I couldn't figure out how to import the address book so I cut it from the folder in e: and paste it in the same folder in c: but outlook still doesn't read it??

folder = c or e\Documents and settings\zeke\application data\microsoft\address

is this folder right or am I on crack.

any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Zeke_cl

To find the .pst go to start, find (on xp) it might be search/find files or folders type in .pst click find or okay.

To import them open outlook, click file, import or export and follow the instructions.

Zeke_cl,
You were close trying to find your Outlook.pst file. Go to Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/ApplicationData/Microsoft/Outlook. Substitute your 'user' folder for the 'administrator' folder, if necessary. From there you can copy or move your .pst file to the appropriate folder. You should then be able to open the folder ( File -> open -> outlook data file) and retrieve your data. If you were storing addresses in your 'contacts' folder those will be there also.
B :cool:

Zeke_cl

Ok my problem is that I cannot find any .pst files. I have done the search on all my drives and there is no .pst files. I am not sure were they went???

As well the administrator/application data/microsoft has no folder called outlook.

I am a little :confused: :confused:

thanks all but still looking for the golden info.

Zeke_cl

Zeke_cl

sorry Bman didn't read your posdt that close, I looked in my users files under o the outlook folder and the only files I have in there are:

outcmd.dat
Outlook.fav
Outlook.NK2
Outlook.src

I found my address book under
\documents and settings\user\application data\address
but I am not sure how to import them in to outlook ... the wizard doesn't seem to let you import a .wab file ???

thanks again for your patients and help.

Zeke_cl

Zeke_cl,
Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? There's a big difference. If you are using Outlook you need to look in the 'Local Settings' folder, then the 'Application Data'. Documents and Settings/Administrator/ Local Settings /ApplicationData/Microsoft/Outlook. That is the default location for your .pst files. Outlook Express does not use .pst files. Outlook Express folders are also in the 'Local Settings' folder, but look under 'Identities'. Documents and Settings/Administrator/Local Settings/ApplicationData/Identities.
B :cool:

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.