Outlook XP - Automatically Select Newest Message?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Loopyhour

Is there any way to get Outlook XP to highlight by default the newest message every time you go back to your Inbox from another folder (i.e. Calendar, Deleted Items, Contacts, etc.)? Currently if a message other than the most recent is selected and I move to another folder, then move back to the Inbox, that same message will be highlighted, not the most recent. I have a user who doesn't like this configuration but I can't find where to change it.

Thank you.

Loopyhour

The problem is he doesn't want to have do anything so pressing any button at all is more than he's willing to do.

Anne Troy

Anne
Sorry, Loopy, didn't mean to be curt or anything. Now that I read what I wrote, it doesn't sound very pleasant. :(

Anyway, short of VBA code, no. And you'd probably pay a pretty penny for the code 'cause there aren't that many Outlook coders out there yet...

You could try www.slipstick.com for third-party apps?

Good luck!

Loopyhour

No, you didn't sound curt. I probably sound much worse :p I understand least administrative overhead, but I don't understand not being able to click the newest message when you go to your Inbox.

I've also been to slipstick and scoured the google groups for answers and there's nothing reasonable that I can imagine the higher ups agreeing to pay for or download to the network, especially for a single person.

Thank you for your help though. It's very much appreciated!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online