1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook XP email addresses

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by jsisti4308, Feb 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jsisti4308

jsisti4308 Thread Starter

New to Outlook XP. When i enter a name in to the "To" line, SOMETIMES it fills in the persons fax info instead of their email address. This is no big problem, but is there a way to configure Outlook, when addressing a new message, to only suggest/fill in, the email address of the contact?

2. mitrich

mitrich

I have to deal with this situation all the time.

Outlook will show you all of the email addresses and fax numbers, etc., for a given contact in a list (Contacts or a file or folder which is a sub-folder or file under Contacts.

My solution, at work, because I need to be able to send: email, individual faxes, and use an email service to send broadcast faxes (faxes of the same content, like a Request For Quotation, to many6 recipients), my solution has been to create separate folders under Contacts. Then, in any one contact, I have only the email address or fax number, or email address for broadcast fax. In fact, I include only the fields in the contact that I need. So, in email, there is just the name and the email address. In the set of folders for broadcast fax, the contacts contain only the name and the emailaddress that the fax service wants. In the fax foldr, I use complete addresses, phone numbers, fax number (only one), but no email addresses.

This is, admittedly, a lot of work, seemingly a lot of redundency. But, then, when I need to send something, I have no doubt about what number or address I am using.

Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117332

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice