Outlook XP Opening lots of times.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bmizar

When I launch Outlook XP it shows up down on the taskbar. When I would click the icon on my quick launch bar it used to just maximize the instance I had open down on the taskbar but not it is just opening many windows of Outlook. Anyone know of a fix for this? It gets quite annoying.

Thanks

Anne Troy

Anne
If you're not already using a shortcut (but using the one MS puts up there for ya), then create one for outlook.exe.

Then, right-click the shortcut and hit properties. On the general tab (I think), tell it to run in normal window or maximized.

That's the short fix. The REAL fix involves the registry.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online