Outlook16 sender query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

josswallace

I pay for a UK domain, lets call it "firstname-lastname". So I have an email address "ian@firstname-lastname.co.uk" and I also have a server supplied email address which is say "firstname-lastname@gmail.com".

I have gmail set up so that all mail comes from and is sent to ian@firstname-lastname.co.uk but I can't seem to set Outlook16 up to do the same. All sent messages have "firstname-lastname@gmail.com" as the sender.

How can I set Outlook 2016 up to show "ian@firstname-lastname.co.uk" as the sender automatically.

Any help would be appreciated.

Couriant

James
Assuming that you have the UK domain in Outlook, go into Account Settings, highlight the account and then Set As Default.

josswallace

I am not sure what you mean, on the first page of the account settings I have my name and my account which is Ian's Gmail Account and a reply address whis mynam@myaccount.co.uk but sent items still appear when received as coming from gmail. How do I stop that happening.

Couriant

James
It's been a while since I have used Outlook for non-corporate accounts, but to confirm, are you referring to this reply setting?

1624562141160.png

If not, can you submit a screenshot (redact personal info) so I can see what you are saying because there is no Reply Address that I know of in Account Settings.

josswallace

I dont see any option in Outlook 16 for saying wher the email is coming from which is what I need

AmyToo

Amy
If you're using Gmail's SMTP server, you're authenticating to that server with your Gmail credentials, right? I don't think Gmail is going to allow your emails to show as being from your domain when you're sending them through Gmail's servers. Does your webhost have an SMTP you can use with your domain?

josswallace

Gmail itself shows all my mail as coming from and being sent to me@mydomain, why would it not let outlook do teh same. it seems to me its an outlook issue, but I am really out of my depth.

Couriant

James
G-Mail does have this capability, Outlook does not.

Why are you not using the outgoing server for your .co.uk account?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online