1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook2000 Professional is not closing properly

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by SexyTech, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SexyTech

SexyTech Thread Starter

WinXP (SP-1), Office 2000 (SP-3), Set for POP3 email only.
    If I open outlook and it downloads messages and I simply close it, it shuts down properly.
    If I open outlook and open ANY message, whether new or previously read, and then close the application, it appears to close, but outlook.exe is still running in Processes. So I have to End Task on it to totally close outlook.

I have run both AdAware and Spybot-cleaned it all up.
    Ran Norton as well as Housecall Antivirus checks-nothing found.
    Disabled all the Norton Firewall stuff as well as the services-still same problem.
    I’ve even uninstalled and reinstalled office2000.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in Advance!

ST

2. RandyG

RandyG

OL2000: Why Outlook May Continue to Run After Exit The times I have noticed when Outlook leaves a process still running after exit, is when it is checking for new mails, and I close Outlook. A process stays running because of this.

I have come to accept this as a quirk of the program.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!