1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook2002 and ntdll.dll problem

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by kenneth2k1, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kenneth2k1

kenneth2k1 Thread Starter

Hello all!

I have been having this problem for a while. When I open Outlook 2002 (Part of Office XP SBE SP2), I get this error message:

Title:
    CiceroUIWndFrame: Outlook.exe

Error:
    The procedure entry point RtlDuplicateUnicodeString could not be located in the dynamic link library ntdll.dll

I have tried repairing Office XP. That didn't work. I cannot replace ntdll.dll because it is being used by windows. I have seen others with this problem, but I haven't seen a solution. I have checked microsoft.com for help also.

So, if anyone has any info, please let me know.

Thanks

Ken

2. XL Guru

XL Guru

Ken,

NB - I know zip about Outlook. I did spend ½ a hour searching, purely because despite no reply you then tried to help someone else, which I thought was totally impressive. Like yourself, I could find quite a few similar problems but no solutions.

All I can say is you don't say whether it will run at all. Stuff like this in other progs can be caused by (dead) add-ins. Try running it while holding down Shift and/or check Tools -- Options -- Other -- Advanced.

HTH but highly unlikely,
    Andy

3. kenneth2k1

Hi:

Yes, sorry, I forgot to say that Outlook WILL start. Upon opening it, I get the Outlook splash screen then the error dialog. Once I hit OK (which is the only option), Outlook will open.

I will try what you have suggested. That gives me another idea I might try: perhaps it might have something to do with the account profile? Maybe I will try deleting my profile.

Thanks anyways

Ken

4. JT123

JT123

I believe this is part of the "Speech and Handwriting Recognition" feature in Office XP. You can deinstall by going to:

"Control Panel"
    "Add/Remove Programs"
    "Microsoft Office," click on the "Change" button
    browse to "Office Shared Features," "Alternative User Input," and select for Speech and Handwriting Recognition (both) "Not available" from the drop-down box.

Hope this helps,

Regards,
    John

5. Tituba

Tituba

I had this same error on Outlook 2003. Installed (MDAC) 2.8
    off of Microsoft's site and fixed the error.

6. kenneth2k1

Ok I will try this.

Thanks! I'll let you know how it turns out!

Ken

7. gianig

gianig

THE SOLUTION FOR THIS PROBLEM IS DEINSTALL EXPLORER 6 SERVICE PACK 1, use only Explorer 5.0 and not more problems, with this message.

8. rafisahb

rafisahb

Hi All,

Actually I got it. There is a file MSDART.DLL, copy from another machine and paste it on the same location C:\windows\system32\ and the problem solved.

Thanks.

9. rafisahb

rafisahb

check it

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice