1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook2003-Connect over HTTP

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by WAJ0606, Nov 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WAJ0606

WAJ0606 Thread Starter

I have a user who connects to the Microsoft Exchange server over HTTP through wireless networks. He frequently encounters the "unable to connect to the Exchange server error." To get the account working again I delete the profile and set it up again. Obviously this is less than ideal with the problem occuring about once every week and having to add having to add several PST's each time.

Why does this keep occuring?

Things I have tried:
    Reinstall Outlook
    Checked with server admin on settings (they were correct)

The problem typically occurs when he logs onto a new wireless network (he connects to the wireless network first, then opens Outlook). I wondering if it has to do with shutting the laptop and going into suspend mode with Outlook still open.

Has anyone had similar experiences?

2. WAJ0606

WAJ0606 Thread Starter

Sometime's there is also an error generated regarding Symantec's Enterprise Vault. Has anyone had a similar experience?

3. WAJ0606

WAJ0606 Thread Starter

4. Krash

Krash

Kinda unusual to say the least, but arent most issues ?

Has the user tried closing Outlook before switching/connecting to a new wireless network?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!