1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outlook2007 "preparing to send and receive"

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by gerry2, Nov 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gerry2

gerry2 Thread Starter

hi
    I am running outlook 2007 on a vista os. on a wireless enabled laptop.Suddenly, after no trouble for ages, outlook has started tol go into "preparing to send and receive" mode and I have to reboot to get it to work but then only for a short time. I have changed my av from AVG to Microsoft security and have deleted and reentered my server (orange) account details. I have also unticked all "Microsoft exchange views"in all folder properties.I do not run exchange. My internet wireless connection works fine and reads excellent. Does anyone have a solution I could try?

2. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

did you change because of the problem or did the problem occur after this change

3. gerry2

gerry2 Thread Starter

I changed because I was having trouble.

4. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

5. gerry2

gerry2 Thread Starter

Thanks
    I have tried system restore but problem keeps returning. I should add that when it occurs the outlook icon in the right task bar reads "synchronizing folders" and if I leave this an "enter password" box crops up.

6. etaf

etaf Wayne Moderator

do you have outlook to automatically send and recieve - if so whats the frequency - I have seen a few instances where if this time is too short outlook gets into a loop - change the interval time to 10mins

have you installed outlook 2007 service pack 2
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/968774

7. gerry2

gerry2 Thread Starter

I give up.I will just have to reboot when the problem occurs.Thanks for your help anyway.
    gerry2

8. gerry2

gerry2 Thread Starter

I think I have a solution to my"outlook is preparing to send and receive" problem.I have emptied my search folders,and in tools trust centre, addins, manage addins, I have unticked "windows search E mail indexer".I have then re booted the computer.All has been well for 24 hours,fingers are crossed.In addition I have disabled "automatic send and receive" in send and receive settings. I am not sure if this was necessary and will experiment and report back in a week.
    gerry2

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/961223