1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

OutlookHTML changing to Rich Text

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by needs-help, Oct 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. needs-help

needs-help Thread Starter

I have Outlook set to create and send email in HTML. However, everything seems to go as Rich Text. I'm using Outlook 2003. The Mail format options are set to compose in HTML and to use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages.

I have the same problem even when I turn off the option to use Word as the e-mail editor.

The usual symptoms of Rich Text are happening. Recipients who do not use Outlook get the winmail.dat attachment and can't read it.

I've checked everything I can think of, but this still happens. Any help/guidance/suggestions will be appreciated.

2. needs-help

3. needs-help

4. Augie65

Augie65

If you are using Google Desktop, disable it and see if that makes a difference.

5. needs-help

It turns out that the "Internet Format" on some of myt contacts was changed to "send using Outlook Rich Text Format". Since I would NEVER do this intentionally, I tried to figure out what caused it. I did find on line that syncing contacts with certain other things would do this. However, the only thing I've done recently was to sync with a Blackberry.

Also, I can't find a way to list this value for all contacts. I can only do it one at a time and then change it to "Let Outlook Decide the best sending format" individually. I'd love to do it for all contacts in one shot, but I don't know VB.

The only choices are RTF, text and letting Outlook decide. No option for HTML.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!