1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outook 2007 or Windows 7 keyboard shortcut, reducing size of display text.

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by KermodeRocks, Jun 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. KermodeRocks

KermodeRocks Thread Starter

Hi all. Irritating & timewasting beyond belief - even for Microsoft - is a hidden shortcut in either Outlook 2007, Office 2007 or perhaps in Windows 7. Centred apparently on the "T" key, a combination of keystrokes reduces the display size of text I type. At enormous waste of time, each occurrence can be remedied, via the View tab in Outlook 2007, then the "zoom" facility. But how do I a) locate the set up instructions for this shortcut, and b) alter or reload them?

I'm a reasonably sensitive typist: this glitch is wasting sooo much of my time. Am in the dire straights of using new Windows 7, with new Office 2007 apps, on a new laptop, a Dell Inspiron 1545.

Advice on shortcut set-up in Outlook 2007, and or in Windows 7 will be much appreciated. Thanks

2. amarren

amarren

Is it a laptop you are using.....if so are you sure its not the zoom function on the touch pad

3. KermodeRocks

KermodeRocks Thread Starter

Thanks, Amarren, but No, the touch pad's zoom is not the issue. Yes, a laptop; as stated, a Dell Inspiron 1545, and box fresh.

Keyboard is hyper-sensitive, neurotic, unstable. Even the lightest, tiniest of simultaneous, dual key touchings fires up unwanted shortcuts, e.g. tab openings, altered screen displays, searches, screen refreshings, letter highlightings, text wipes. (This posting has been wiped EIGHT TIMES !!) IExplorer 8, Outlook 2007 & Word 2007 all seem affected. So I suspect Windows 7 is the villain.

Only solution: typing really, really, REALLY S....L.....O......W...L...Y. I'm no novice: I've owned & used PCs for 20 years, and been an IT analyst.

Solutions? Anyone else had similar problems?

Best, KermodeRocks.

4. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    I have to agree with the first reply, watch your thumbs and see if they are dragging across the touch pad.

If you have a mouse attached, you might try putting some thin cardboard over the touch pad to test out if we are right or not.

I have been using Windows 7 and Office 2007 including Outlook and have never run into this problem.
    Here is a complete list of Windows short cuts, but I see nothing that would be doing things as you suggest.
    http://4sysops.com/archives/windows-7-keyboard-shortcuts-the-complete-list/

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/926675

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice