1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outook 2010 ERR (AUTH)

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by megabyte, Sep 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. megabyte

megabyte Thread Starter

Here we go again - another problem with Outlook, but this time I think it is Yahoo UK (please note UK):

I have had 1 email acct with gmail and 2 email accts with Yahoo UK. They have worked fine until a few days ago. When I try send/receive one Yahoo account came up with error 0x800CCC92. I finally removed it and when I tried putting it in as new, the test message would not work. After repeated attempts, I now can send for some reason, but for receiving I get:

Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): Your email server rejected your login. Verify your user name and password for this account in Account Settings. The server responded: -ERR (AUTH) Incorrect username or password.

I can access my email on the web for that account with no problem. All of the settings are exactly the same as the Yahoo account that works and I still cannot get the incoming to work on this one.

Any ideas?

2. megabyte

megabyte Thread Starter

2 days after this post, Yahoo sent & received with no problems and I did nothing to make that happen. All was fine until today - it is happening again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1018262

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice