1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Outook Express - log file problem

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Marlo, Jul 26, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marlo

Marlo Thread Starter

I've been having problems with Outlook Express crashing and/or having problems that keep giving me an error message about the log file being too big or something. I keep my sent file folder and deleted file folder relatively empty. My inbox has less than 20 items in it, none of them huge. Can anyone tell me how and where I can fix this? If there is no fix, if I download a new copy of Outlook Express over the old one, will my address book reamin in tact? Thanks for your help.

Marlo

2. EAFiedler

EAFiedler Moderator

Try some maintenance first and see if this helps to clear it up.
    Close all programs except Outlook Express, including any antivirus programs you may have running.

First in OE, Tools>Options>Maintenance, uncheck the option for: Compact messages in the background and leave it unchecked from now on.

File>Folder>Compact all Folders. Leave the computer alone until it has completed compacting.

Let us know if this resolves the problem or not.

3. Marlo

Marlo Thread Starter

I followed your instructions and so far... so good. I'll have to wait and see, as I used to get the message a couple times a day. I'll let you know either way. Thanks.

Marlo

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/37000

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice